Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Plan

Since it's Thanksgiving tomorrow, I thought I'd do one more thankful post. So,  I'm thankful for The Plan.  Nothing is more comforting than to know we're here for a purpose, everything happens for a reason, and God is in control of everything.  I've been thinking a lot lately as to why we're here.  What am I really doing with my life? If I'm not here to live the gospel to the fullest and become like Christ, what am I really doing?  And if I'm o.k. settling for less than the greatest blessings available, why am I really trying at all.  My dad was told he had a few weeks to live, with treatment maybe a few months.  We believe in miracles and are praying he's here with us for much longer and I believe he will, but it's made me wonder what I would think if I was told that news.  My first thought would be, "crap, I'm really not ready."  I'm selfish so of course that thought would be about myself but I'm working on that not being the case.  But honestly, what can we expect once we die if we're only living the gospel with half the effort we can?  It's soo easy to think that we have more time and can be better later, but who's to say you'll have that much time.  Lots of things have been reinforced to me lately and one of those things is that we are not on our own timeline.  All we have to give is our will and we just have to have faith that God is in control.  If that's not true, we just go through a whole lot of crap for nothing.  So, I'm thankful to know there's a Plan, this life is not the end and we have all the resources available to know what we're supposed to be doing.

2 comments:

  1. You nailed it right on. We can all do a little better, I think. I'm sorry to hear about your dad!

    ReplyDelete