Monday, November 21, 2011

My Weekly BM and more things to be thankful for :)

Natalie:

When I was little, I was a daddy's girl.  Apparently when he left for work everyday(I don't remember this), I would cry and carry on and as soon as he got home I would be glued to his side.  I do remember him giving me eskimo kisses...or butterfly kisses.  I'm not sure what they're called but the kind where you rub your noses together.  I loved that when I was little.  In fact, now I love to do it with Patrick.  

Jon:

I keep telling Jon to give me some memories but he always says he'll think about it and then I have to remember a memory for him but it's getting harder and harder.  If he doesn't give me one soon I'll tell a story that I know he would prefer his kids not to know about. ;)  Sooo....apparently Jon was a hyper little kid.  Like, the kind that would always try to be the center of every birthday party, even if it wasn't their own.  His mom said he would always try to open the birthday gifts for other people.  What a generous little boy. :)

Patrick:

Patrick has discovered it's fun to grab hair, and noses, and mouths, and whatever he can get his hands on.  Not that my nose is hard to grab on to because of it's generous size, but I was amazed at his grip and how much it can hurt.  Now I have an excuse to wear my hair in a ponytail...there's just nothing else you can do with a baby who likes to pull out your hair.  

Now on to something I'm thankful for:

As cheezy as it sounds, I'm thankful for the small, tender moments.  Like, moments where I see my mom helping my dad walk out of the radiation center and then he'll turn around and open her door for her.  Or, moments where Jon randomly comes up, gives me a hug and says he doesn't know what he would do without me, or even when I'm just having a bad day and Patrick knows the perfect time to give me one of his sweet smiles.  Sure, it's nice and can be really fun to make a production of things sometimes but when it really comes down to it, quiet acts of love mean far more to me.  I don't want my husband to be loving because he thinks people are watching and it will win him brownie points.  My parents didn't know I was watching them take care of each other, but they did it anyway. I get caught up in myself sometimes and when I do, I tend to get negative.  I'm sorry to admit I get critical of not only myself but other people and sometimes it feels like everyone has just turned selfish(not everyone but you know what I mean).  Really it's just me being selfish and if I just back up and really watch, you see people doing these sweet things all the time.  

1 comment: