Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween, Part two and our weekly BM

So my last post showed our Halloween with the Blackburns but later that night we went to my parent's house for some traditional chili and donuts.  I might have eaten a few too many sweets this weekend.  Here are more pictures of Patrick in his costume because I just can't get enough of him. 

Grandparents with Patrick






Now on to our memories. 

Natalie:

In spirit of Halloween, I've chosen to pick Halloween memories.  I remember my favorite costume of all time being Belle from Beauty and the Beast.  Probably because she had brown hair, I always felt like if I was going to be a Disney princess, that's who I would be.  After that, I sort of lost interest in dressing up and going trick or treating.  I think I stopped by the time I was in middle school and I haven't really enjoyed Halloween until now.  The whole reason for my new enjoyment...Patrick.

Jon:

His favorite costume of all time was when he dressed up as dracula.  For him, trick or treating wasn't really that exciting either and he said his favorite part of Halloween growing up was his dad's work party.  They had bobbing for apples, catching goldfish, fortune telling, etc.  Pretty much a big Halloween carnival. 

Patrick:

As everyone knows by now, Patrick dressed up as a puppy for his first Halloween.  He loved every minute(well, almost every minute) of attention, which he got plenty of, in his little costume.

Anyway, we had a great holiday with both of our families and I really wish I could dress Patrick up every week but now it's over and we have Thanksgiving and Christmas to look forward to.  I've mentioned before that I dislike this time of year because it's getting colder and it feels like I hardly ever see the sun but in order to keep my mood up, I've decided to copy Erika(thanks for the idea cuz!) and write something I'm thankful for.  Maybe not everyday but at least once a week.  Sooo....here we go.

I may get mushy later but at the moment I'm just going to say I'm grateful for the weather growing colder because that means snow.  And having snow means no mowing of our lawn!  Not having to mow our lawn means no park manager giving us nasty messages saying our lawn is starting to look neglected.  Jon and I both happen to actually like working in the yard and we both can do a great job, if I do say so myself, if we want on taking care of a lawn.  However, this summer between family things, jobs, baby, school, etc. the last thing on my mind was edging a lawn.  Hence the nasty phone calls.  Oh, this is a sore topic for me and I'm going to have to write the manager a letter some day telling her I'm sorry that I disliked her soo much but since this is a thankful message I'm just going to say, thank you snow!  Well, thank you snow...soon.


5 comments:

  1. I LOVE Patrick's costume! He looked very cuddly. His smiling pictures are adorable!! Nat, sometimes it scares me how much we are alike... Belle was my favorite costume too! (and my favorite movie as a kid).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick is so cute! Love his doggy outfit. Looks like you guys had a great Halloween.

    I am so happy for you! Love the honesty in your blog. Isn't being a mother the best/toughest thing you've ever done? From my whole 18 months of experience, it just gets easier and even more fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! :) Erika, I sometimes think it's scary how much alike we are too...why didn't I get the social, bubbly gene though? That would have been nice. ha ha

    Jessie, I think the honesty thing sometimes gets me in trouble! Your little boy is adorable and I'm glad to hear motherhood just gets better! Those first 4-5 weeks were sort of brutal but since then, it does seem to just get more and more fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun Halloween costume! Patrick is absolutely adorable and so grown up! I'm glad you had a good Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember those work parties they were way fun!! Easter ones too!

    ReplyDelete