Thursday, December 1, 2011

A little bit of everything

Guess who came to visit?  Patrick loved his Aunt Karolyn. :)  They were best buds the whole time she was here.  It was nice because we had our whole family together for Thanksgiving this year.  We just did a small dinner with our immediate family which hasn't happened for quite awhile.  Unfortunately, my camera died so none of these pictures are from Thanksgiving day.  

Buds.


These next three pictures are of my family at Pizza Hut on the day of my dad's last radiation treatment.
Patrick and Karolyn


Derek and I

My mom and dad

I just wanted to add this picture because I think Patrick looks so dang cute in his new pajamas. All I had to say was, "Patrick, smile!"  And, this is what I got. :)

Patrick is learning the joy of babbling.  He really likes to make the mmm sound and multiple times a day, it sounds like he says mumma.  It's really cute.  Especially when he's looking right at me and says mumma, it makes me feel like he's starting to learn I'm associated with that word.  This morning he woke up early, crying, which doesn't happen very often and he kept saying mumma, mumma, mumma, over and over again which really makes me think he's starting to learn that the word gets my attention.  I don't know.  He's young and I'm sure it's just his easiest sound to make but I like to believe he's a little genius and knows how to call me. ;)  Him saying that word so much might have a little to do with the fact that I repeat mama to him on a daily basis.  Anyway, he also loves the sound of his squeal.  Sometimes he just does it repeatedly over and over again even though no one is entertaining him. ha ha  He loves to hear the sound of his own voice and lately he's also learned it's fun to stare at himself in the mirror.  I'm sure he doesn't know it's himself yet but he does know that mama's in the mirror and a funny baby smiling at him so it makes him giggle almost every time.  He even tries reaching out to grab the little baby.  Too cute.  

No comments:

Post a Comment