Friday, March 16, 2012

Relay For Life

As everyone knows, my dad has been battling stage 4, small cell cancer for the past year.  It's like once your family faces a trial, you see how many other people are facing the same thing.  Cancer is everywhere.  It's horrible.  If given the power, cancer can take everything from you.  With that said, Derek had the great idea of getting our family involved in this relay for life.  A fundraiser to help families who are dealing with cancer.    





How it works:  we're in teams and we walk all night.  6:00 PM-6:00 AM on June 22nd.  At least one person from each team has to be walking on the track at all times so the more people the better!  People who have done it in the past say they set up a tent and sleep in between the times they're walking.  It's like one big, overnight party while helping a good cause. :)  So, if anyone's interested in walking with us, let me know!  Or even if you don't want to walk, we're still trying to raise money so let me know if you'd like to donate to the American Cancer Society(none of this is a fundraiser for money directly to my dad, in case anyone was curious). :) Here's a link to the Relay for Life website in case you want to look into it more: http://www.relayforlife.org/?gclid=CKbok9np664CFckJRQodwH-NKw



 We love you dad!

5 comments:

  1. Where is this happening? I would love to come if I can!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, I think I found it. Is this it? http://relay.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY12GW?fr_id=38941&pg=entry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika, the one I'm doing is in Rexburg by my house. I would love for you guys to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish that we would be in Rexburg to attend! What a neat thing to be a part of. I absolutely love your dad! He was my art teacher in Jr High and he really made me feel special. I loved his class!!! Please tell him hello and thank you for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dad helped me pursue my art and I will always remember him for that! What an amazing opportunity for your family!

    ReplyDelete