Wednesday, February 8, 2017

We're adding a new addition and it's a......







GIRL!!!!!!
Let me say that I know having a baby is such a miracle and I can't imagine the heartache that comes from struggling with infertility or losing a child.  Women are rockstars whether it's enduring not being able to get pregnant, suffering from severe nausea and hormones during pregnancy or just the fatigue and pain that can come during and after childbirth.  This journey of motherhood is never easy and while it's rewarding, it's also so exhausting mentally and physically.
And as much as we would have deeply loved any baby, we were really hoping for a girl the third time around.  I'm not sure if there are any more kids in our future but seeing that little girl on the screen made me feel relieved and like our family was whole.  I know people can kind of get offended when people ask if they're trying for a certain gender, because every baby is a miracle, but I've been very open that we hoped this was a girl.  Mostly because I've felt like, since my first pregnancy, that a little girl was meant to come to our family.  Last year in preschool my son drew a picture of our family and in the background he drew a floating baby girl and said that was his sister that still had to come.  So yesterday, watching that little girl wiggle around inside of me, everything just felt right and settled...if that makes sense.
So, little baby, we are ready for you!  I've already hit the nesting phase HARD and looking at everything pink is making my heart extremely happy.  I know our two older boys will be the best big brothers/teachers/protectors/helpers that there ever were.  They are so excited and watching them around other little babies makes my heart happy.  I just really love them.  Oh yeah, and my husband is already wrapped around this unborn babe's finger.  I already know that will be such a sweet relationship and I can't wait to witness it.

No comments:

Post a Comment