Wednesday, February 15, 2017

21 weeks

 I'm almost 21 weeks along now and while I know I'm going to continue to grow, by my third pregnancy I'm coming to realize what I like to wear in order to feel comfortable and confident while having a ginormous belly.  Obviously leggings or jeans with some give and an elastic waistband are at the top of the list for bottoms but I'm loving looong tunics or really short dresses for the top.  Or a long undershirt with a cardigan, but either way, the top has to be long. :)  Here's a picture of what I wore last week when I was almost 20 weeks along.


I look absolutely thrilled in these pictures.;)  And I'm never known for wearing tall shoes but sometimes in pregnancy you just want to feel feminine and on this day, the heels did it for me.
As far as pregnancy goes, I feel like I'm in that honeymoon phase.  I feel and definitely look pregnant but the nausea is gone 95% of the time, my hormones are more level, and I've been able to start working out again.  After 4 months of not feeling up to a lot of exercise I decided jumping into running(also, it's still freezing outside and I'm a wimp) was not the best option so I've been starting my exercise with jump roping and ending with weights on my arms or a lot of squats for my legs and various leg lifts.  I don't feel like I've gained a TON of weight but the scale says otherwise.  So far I've gained 20 pounds and I'm trying not to let that freak me out considering I'm only halfway done and 10 of those pounds were gained in a week after I was working out(dang Superbowl, left overs from Superbowl, Valentines, etc.). But, I know it will all be worth it when I hold that new baby in my arms.  I already spend way too many hours in the baby room sorting through her clothes and picturing how adorable she'll be in them, and daydreaming about her first smile and laugh that I'll spend hours trying to get again.  And don't start me on the newborn smell and those new baby cuddles.  Babies can be exhausting but I know it's such a blessing to be called mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment