Thursday, February 9, 2017

Christmas 2016

To start off the Christmas season, we went to my sister's work party(all family were invited) where everyone watched Pet's Life and then Santa came down the isle to talk to all the kids.  Oh, I wish I could have captured the boy's faces.  They were both soo excited and Aiden kept yelling, "Santa!  Santa!" trying to get his attention.  This santa was amazing and the boys were both happy to go up to him.




Aside from decorating and Christmas shopping, I decided to try a new tradition of making cinnamon rolls with the boys.  They loved making them and playing in flour but neither one acting too thrilled to actually eat them.  I'm not complaining, but both boys ate oranges and eggs on Christmas morning and didn't touch the cinnamon roll.  Aren't kids supposed to love any sugar!?  Slowly I'll break them down to understanding the amazingness of cinnamon rolls.


We also decorated some gingerbread trains.

And of course took pictures on Christmas Eve with the boys in their new pajamas and slippers.  They were so excited, I couldn't get either one of them to hold still at the same time to get a clear picture.  Maybe someday...:)

Part of our Christmas morning mess bright and early while it's still dark outside.  In the past we've had to wake up the boys but definitely not this year.  They started asking to go out to the Christmas tree around 4:00AM and since there was no way I was getting up that early, I let them sleep in our bed.  However, by the time 5:30 came, they were out of patience and we weren't comfortable in the bed anyway so our Christmas festivities began.  Longest day of the year but definitely also one of the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment