Monday, August 5, 2013

Summer Activities

I know I've been updating this summer, but sometimes I look back through my phone and camera and realize I've forgotten to add some things on here.  Mostly they're just pictures of our everyday activities but I think my boys are pretty darn cute so I want to get as many pictures of them on here as I can. :)

A few weeks ago, we all went to the Blackburn house to celebrate Shiloh's birthday.  I didn't get pictures of everyone there but I did get picture of Ada giving Aiden some love.  She is going to be the best little mommy someday.


Aiden's smile...makes my heart happy.
                                                       

We've been training a lot for this triathlon which means a lot of trips to Rigby Lake.  Patrick is not a lover of cold water.  I'm not a lover of cold water.  Which equals a whole lot of crying as we try to get used to the water temperature.  On both our parts. :)  Aiden acts like nothing phases him and could swim in cold water all day if I made him.
 All of our crying means we sit on the edge for awhile and watch Karolyn do all the hard work.  Patrick has found that throwing rocks in and making a splash is more his style.  Side note: Patrick thinks you're supposed to smile with your mouth open.  I just realized the other day that the reason for that is because I always pull a goofy open mouthed expression when I'm trying to get him to smile.  He's just doing it by example. :)


And sometimes our family members want to come with us...and I get involuntarily thrown into the water...and I realize the cold water isn't so bad...and swimming is actually really fun...and I kind of want to learn how to do more than doggy paddle and stay afloat.
Can I get a little hooray!?  I couldn't  find the swimsuit I normally wear and found my swimsuit from when I was a sophmore in college.  And it fit.




I couldn't let him freeze in the water the whole time...


In case we don't get enough water at the lake, we go to the splash park as well.


And this is just one big ol' random post but that's just how we do it sometimes.

The other day I gave Patrick a bath, put him in his new bath towel and then told him to smile.  This is the face he gave me.
 Then he laughed and said, "I funny!"  Definitely our little ham.
Aiden and daddy always have a good time together.


We also just blessed Aiden this last weekend, so I'll add more pictures later but that deserves a post all on it's own. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment