Monday, August 12, 2013

Aiden's Blessing

On August 3rd, we finally blessed Aiden.  Jon really wanted to wait until his brother, Mike, came home from Afghanistan so as soon as we found out the dates of his arrival, we made the plans.  At first I was a little worried because normally you bless babies when they're a newborn and Aiden was 4 1/2 months old but honestly, it didn't even matter.  We also blessed him on a Saturday right after his cousin's baptism(Cannon) so we just broke all traditions.  And it worked out perfectly.  It was nice to have loved ones there and Jon gave a perfect, love-filled blessing.

Cannon's baptism

Pictures at the church








Patrick was picking his nose...I have a younger picture picking my nose...don't ask. :)

I finally got smart and said, "Oh hey, lighting is better outside"

Gotta be honest, although this was a good day and it was great being around family, there was a big hole.  I can't say how much I wished this man could have been there.
Every birthday party, holiday, blessing, and the days in between I think about how much I want my dad to be there.  Every "first" brings the emotion to the surface again but the sadness never leaves. I can't say how deeply I wanted my dad to be in that circle last Saturday, or how deeply I wanted him to put on a fun magic show for Patrick's birthday, or how deeply I want my kids to feel his influence in their life.  I hope I can be as kind hearted and loving as he was and I'm grateful for the influences that are still in my life and my family's lives.  The greatest blessing of this gospel is the knowledge of eternal families.  

1 comment:

  1. Somehow I missed reading this post earlier! I love the pictures. :) Natalie, being around your kids, I can see you are already doing such a beautiful job. :) I only hope I can be as good as Mom as you. :)

    ReplyDelete