Saturday, August 24, 2013

My baby's getting big

Last week, we decided to try giving Aiden some oatmeal.  Every time I eat he tries to grab my spoon and pull it to his mouth so I figured he was ready to try.

"Mom, what is this!?"


"Dad, do I really have to eat this stuff?"


It kind of reminded me of Patrick's reaction to food.  


Overall, he didn't love the oatmeal, if you can't tell by his facial expressions in the picture.  We gave him homemade, sugar free applesauce a few days later and he loved it.  Completely loved it.  I couldn't believe how much he ate of it but since then, he's wanted my food even more.  I'm just on the slow lane with giving him solids for every meal because it means my baby is just that much older.

Besides eating solid foods, Aiden has decided it's a lot more fun to stand than just sit with me.  He's done this for a little while but recently he's seemed to have gotten a lot stronger.  Again, where did my baby go?


P.S. Can I just say I love having Jon work from home!?  How great is it that I can call Jon from his office so that he can experience every milestone our kids have?  I try not to disturb him very often but I know we both feel blessed that he can be around and take his "breaks" to come see some of the things that he would otherwise miss.  He might long for co-worker interaction instead of kid interaction but I wouldn't know because he never tells me that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment