Monday, August 19, 2013

Rush Triathlon and a Chukars game

Can I just say I'm going to be sad when all of this nice, warm hot weather leaves us and we start freezing our little buns off?  I didn't know how this summer was going to go.  2 summers ago I was uncomfortably pregnant with Patrick and last summer was the hardest adjustment period of my life.  Summers haven't been good to us.  I didn't know how I would feel this summer but to deal with my emotions, I've tried to stay busy.  So far we've run in a couple fun runs, gone to the park a lot of times, been to the lake weekly, run a lot, trained a lot, birthday parties, taken little trips, etc.  Most recently, we went to a Chukars game.  I went once before and to be honest I thought it was kinda boring.  We left early and my thought was that if I never went again I would be fine.  But, Karolyn got free tickets through work, we went and it was actually a ton of fun.  We left early again but only because we have kids that have an earlier bedtime than 11:00(usually) but I was actually kind of sad to leave.  I liked eating their greasy fries, and cheering for home-runs, and watching drunk people try to stay with the music while we sang "Take Me Out to the Ball-game."  I get why people say it's fun to go to the games. :)  It helps that Patrick loved running back and forth between a fun aunt and uncle, played with an inflatable bat and was in junk food heaven.  It's always fun to see your kids enjoying new things.
I think Patrick has decided he's never going to look at the camera again.



Also, all of our training led up to the Rush Triathlon that was this weekend.  I think it's safe to say we pushed ourselves as far as we were physically able to right now and we did well.  1st place female sprint team overall isn't too bad. :)  Can I just say, Karolyn is seriously the best teammate you could ask for in a race.  She trains hard, and then pushes hard.  And when I say hard, I mean hard.  Karolyn, if you read this, have you ever thought about trying out for the Olympics?  Just sayin' :) She kept up with the men and swam 5 minutes faster than her previous fastest time.  Biking is her favorite part, though so she gave us a great time and I just had to maintain our place during the running portion.  It was nice because I was running right behind the girl who got the individual first place spot but that pace pretty much killed me at the end.  I didn't finish as strongly as I would have liked but it was still almost 2 minutes faster than my previous fastest time.  So, overall, we were tired and happy with the results and I'm already planning my strategy for next year since we're going to do all the events by ourselves next time.  Without mentioning it to the other, both of us had dedicated this race to our dad and I hope he was watching.  I felt his strength in helping us do something that I never thought we would do.
Heading out bright and early


Don't feel bad if you can't pick her out in all of those matching hats

Coming into the transition

Done!




All of this running right after having Aiden caused a little stress fracture in my foot along with achilles tendonosis/tendonitis so no more races for me in the next couple months. :(  So, now is the time I learn to swim which means more trips to the lake while we still have nice weather.  I'm pretty sure Patrick will be ok with that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment