Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Dirty Dash

We are obsessed.  If I could do every race in the surrounding area, I would...unless it's a marathon or something crazy like that. ;)  This past weekend, we took a mini vacation with Jon's sister, Kami, and drove up to Montana to run in their Dirty Dash.  If Jon didn't have to be a grown up and work, we would have gone longer but instead it was just a Friday night/Saturday thing.  But the race was completely worth it.  I didn't participate for 2 reasons. 1-We have kids and someone needs to watch them and 2-My stupid achilles tendon has to be having problems and I kinda got a stress fracture because I was super smart and jumped into my pre-pregnancy running right after I had Aiden.  Apparently that's not good to do after not working out much for a few months.  Who knew? ;)  But, I was really happy that I could take pictures during/afterwards and they looked like they were having a blast.

So, here's us patiently waiting at the hotel beforehand, waiting for the dirty dashers to get ready.


And this is the before picture at the race.  Jon was trying to look really excited...or intense...or something. :)

Patrick and Aiden actually did really well sitting out in the heat watching everything going on.  Little did we know that the Dirty Dash is also a big beer fest(especially in Montana), so there were plenty of entertaining people to watch.


Taking a moment at the end to smile for the camera before coming out of the last mud pit.


Done!


I don't know, I thought my husband was really good looking covered in mud.  It's always nice seeing your spouse having a really great time and letting loose a little.  Especially after an incredibly looooong, challenging school year/years.

Sometimes we don't ask.




Add caption

Good job Kami and Jon!  You guys really did look hard core. :)

Next race on the list: Rush Triathlon!  I'm a little...a lot nervous for it.  My stupid foot makes training a little difficult but there's no way we're missing it.  You can bet Karolyn and I will rock it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment