Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Two

Yesterday Patrick turned two.  My baby is two!  I'll talk about his little party in a second, but last night I kept thinking back to when Patrick was born.  How I was feeling when he was born.  It was rough.  This time two years ago I was exhausted.  I left the hospital early(24 hours after delivery) because I was desperate for some sort of normalcy.  The feeling of getting back to normal never came.  Life changed drastically in so many ways and I wouldn't have changed Patrick's coming to this world for anything.  If I could go back to new mother me, I would say, "I know you're exhausted and this all feels new and overwhelming but  this phase will pass soo quickly."  Patrick made me a mother and I'm so grateful for that and that he's taught me to be less selfish.  My time is not my time anymore.  My arms are tired sometimes from two little boys who constantly want held but I'm grateful I have little boys to hold.  Patrick's hugs have helped brighten so many dark days.

So, to celebrate Patrick's birthday we went with a Cars theme.  No surprise there since Patrick is obsessed with cars.  I say cars, but really it's turned into anything that moves: cars, planes, tractors, motorcycles...etc.

  We started Patrick's morning off by giving him this Mater truck.  It's so cute watching him drive this thing up and down our street.  We probably spent a good hour or two driving that around yesterday.  After lunch and naps, we set up for the party and had our family over.  Thank you, mom(grandma), for helping with all the food and decorations!






 The kids decorated their cars with stickers and then we had a little "race."  Little kids are too cute.  I think I was the only one that really cared about actually decorating the cars.

 It was quite the task keeping Patrick away from this cake.  It was his main focus to get those little cars off all night.



                                      



Happy Birthday, bud!  We love you soooooo much!

3 comments:

  1. What a cute party! Happy birthday to Patrick and you, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute!! :) I love the party decorations!

    ReplyDelete