Sunday, April 1, 2012

Good food, good company and good messages

Can I just say, I love President Monson?  I love conference weekend and I love the gospel.  It's always refreshing to hear messages from the leaders of our church.  

After Saturday conference, we went and had dinner with all of Jon's family because Mike and Aubree are leaving to Virginia for the summer.  It's always quite a contrast to my family because there are soo many kids!  As Jen said, all of us adults are getting outnumbered.  

On Sunday, we went to my parent's house and ate our usual conference breakfast with some delicious quiche and, new to this year, crepes.  Yum.  

I'm just adding these next pictures because I think it's so cute that Patrick just sat on the ottoman, happily eating his pears.  He's getting soo big!







I love his face in these last pictures.  I admit it, I'm in love with this boy. ;)

Side note: We saw Hunger Games this weekend.  Liked it, not loved it.  I really enjoyed the books but the first half of the movie wanted to make me puke.  Who likes the camera technique where they shake the camera everywhere?  I know that has nothing to do with the story, Jon and I just had a hard time watching the first hour.  Aside from that, I had a hard time watching the idea of the story line.  Reading it, I could skip over or skim quickly through certain parts but I get way too involved in movies and parts of it just wanted to make me sick.  I know they didn't show a lot of the kills but it was still hard for me.  But, I would definitely still recommend the movie, just not if you have a sensitive stomach. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment