Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Life as of late

Since all of my posts have been about Patrick, since July, I decided to update the blog on what Jon and I have been up to...besides taking care of Patrick.  It'll be a short post, but a post nonetheless.  Jon started school in January, cut down on a lot of hours at work and is now quite enjoying school.  It's amazing the difference when you get more than 3 broken up hours of sleep a day.  We figured his career is more important than his loyalty to Broulims and living like poor college students is ok, temporarily.  I'm still working at Fergusons, doing my thing rehairing bows and teaching students.  See why I don't post about us very often?  We're like the least interesting couple around.  Does anyone else feel like they're totally boring but yet constantly busy? Our schedule consists of trading off Patrick between who's going to school or working and then we meet up at dinner time, put Patrick down, and then fall asleep together to a movie.  Currently, our top movies are, "Just go with it" and "Couples Retreat."   Yes, I'll watch them over and over again.  Really, they're both just romantic comedies and I probably wouldn't recommend them for everyone but I'm aching to travel somewhere, particularly tropical, and these movies take me there for approximately 1 hour and 45 min.  So, if anyone was dying to know what we do with our lives, there ya go.  That's as interesting as it gets right there. ;)  Just so no one thinks I'm pessimistic, I love where we're at as a little family.  I hope we're not in this phase for a super long time but right now it just works for us. :)

2 comments:

  1. We just got done being students 6 months ago. I TOTALLY understand! I worked part time in the evenings while Bron went to school/worked during the day. It is sooo nice to be done BUT those were some good years. Working together like that just strengthens your family bond, I think. I find it impressive that you can rehair bows! Mine needs a new grip. :)

    P.S. I think you deserve a trip somewhere after your hubby is done. We went to Hawaii to celebrate. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessie, I think a vacation sounds like a great idea after graduation. I think everyone should do it. haha :)

    ReplyDelete