Thursday, February 23, 2012

7 months and random life activities

Happy 7 months to my favorite little man!  Patrick has changed a lot this past month.  He's talking/babbling constantly, he loves to stand and crawl, he's had two adorable little teeth pop through and he's just overall developing more and more personality.  I really can't get enough of his laugh.  Patrick and I have a special little bond but no one can get him laughing like his dad can.  I love hearing the two of them in the other room with Patrick just giggling away.  Patrick has also decided food really is kind of great and the only thing I've given him, multiple times, that he still doesn't like is peaches...weird little boy.


This has become one of Patrick's favorite toys...along with garbage from our garbage can, boxes, random papers, and stuffing from the dog toys.  Why do we buy toys?  

 Karolyn's been making hats and we've benefited from this(if anyone wants to buy one, let me know.  She has some cute ones).

You can kind of see his little teeth.  Obviously it was almost nap time because his eyes are getting a little red.

It's really funny when Patrick tries to take Abby's toys.  She's not to crazy about it yet...

With Jon gone to school all day, I've started to become a little stir crazy in the mornings.  This is great because Patrick and I have decided to do some de-junking.  I feel like since Jon is working and going to school, and I'm only working in the afternoons, I shouldn't waste all of Patrick's nap time on pinterest, facebook, blogger(except for right now...), and any other site I can get addicted to.  So, my mornings consist of lots of cleaning!  I have to give myself a schedule or I literally can waste hours in a day.  I think over the past two weeks I've taken 10 car loads to the dump or the D.I.  I love it but Jon's been sort of...struggling a little.  Our conversations go like this:

Me:  "Jon, do you really need to keep that little toothpick man from high school?"
Jon:  "Yes.  It was made for me when I was in track.  I've had that since sophmore year."

Then I get this look like, how can you not understand that I need to keep that?

I'm one for being sentimental and there's a lot of stuff I've kept for a long time just because it was from my childhood and I've had it, well...a long time.  You develop an emotional attachment to things but I've decided I like a clean house and room to move in more than stuff, hence the de-junking.  It's not like our house was horrible before but definitely had some room for improvement.

*Random side note: I have really loved our warmer winter this year and now we have snow and puddles of water in our driveway.  Can it be spring already?


Anway, happy 7 months bud!  We can't imagine life without you.

4 comments:

  1. You look so cute with your little man!!! He's a doll. I de-junk all the time! It's like this insane itch. I have to organize SOMETHING every week. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. :) And, I'm sure your house is soo much cleaner than mine. It's just been since I've been home more that I've started seeing all the many places to clean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for cleaning!!! Ben had to break me from collecting old junk. It was hard, but it's nice to have clutter-free rooms. :)

    Patrick is so stinkin' cute. I wanna see him and you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And we want to see you guys! We should do something about this.

    ReplyDelete