Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love is in the air

After checking facebook tonight, I realized I'm the only person on this planet that hasn't written a valentine's post!  Jon and I spent a  very romantic day working and going to school.  To top it off, we bought Papa Murphey's pizza, watched an espisode of Psych and finished it off with more homework. :)  But really, I'm not one for planned romance, so it was pretty much perfect...minus the homework part. *Side note: Patrick loves the Psych theme song.  He literally starts dancing(AKA bouncing) every time he hears it and he gets all excited and smiley.  Apparently I watched too much of it while he was in the womb.  Anyway, it wouldn't be Valentine's day if I didn't brag on the special boys in my life.  Jon continues to be the most patient, loving man I could have ever married and Patrick continues to be my special buddy who I can't help falling for every time he gives me one of his famous smiles.

Also, guess who said his first word?  Jon!  Kidding, he totally started talking like 10 years ago. ;)  Anyway, I think I can officially say Patrick's first word is Mama.  Remember a month ago when I said he started to say mamamama over and over again?  Well, Sunday morning(Feb. 12) I woke up to Patrick going, Mama, Mama, Mama!  I might have thought it was a fluke but then we went to church.  I have get to play the organ in sacrament so I was sitting on the stand.  I look out in the congregation and Patrick is kind of looking around and then he sees me and starts yelling, Mama! right in the middle of sacrament.  He did it a few times so Jon had to take him out to the hall.  I was totally proud. :)

Anyway, Happy Valentines Day to everyone!

2 comments:

  1. You should be so proud! Patrick LOVES his mama!!! So cute.

    P.S. I have to... er get to... lead the music during sacrament meeting. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha All of our violin/viola lessons finally led up to these callings. I'm glad we can use our talents. ;)

    ReplyDelete