Saturday, December 17, 2011

Dear Patrick,

The other night you oddly woke up an hour after you went to bed.  Normally, I'm good at remaining unemotional to the crying but that night was different.  You sounded so heart broken and I decided to do something I normally avoid.   I went and held you.  For some reason I just wanted to comfort my poor, heart broken little boy.  You immediately stopped crying when I started to rock you and it was soo nice to just cuddle with you.  I've spent so much time trying to get you to go to sleep without my aid that I've missed out a little on how great it is to hold a sleeping baby.  Sitting there, staring at your cute, innocent, peaceful face, I was  overcome with emotion and love for you.  I can't believe I'm soo lucky to be your mother.



 I hope you always think I'm funny and charming.


  I hope I can always comfort you.


 I hope we can always be best buds. I hope you always remember that you're wanted and that you're here for a reason.  And, I hope you learn to become close to your Father in Heaven, who will also always be there for you.




And, can you pleeeease stop growing so fast.  It seems like yesterday you looked like this:

  
We love you forever, bud!

Love,
Mom and Dad
    

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet letter! Print this out. You put into words so well how I feel about my little boy.

    ReplyDelete