Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Life is pretty darn good. :)

It seems like over the 5 1/2 weeks there have been a few days and more than a few moments when I have thought, "why did I choose this?" I feel guilty saying that and I felt guilty thinking it but sometimes it was hard not to reminisce how easy life was before Patrick came along. However, lately I feel like I've been getting the hang of things and I know that I wouldn't change how my life is now for anything. I love my little boy more than I thought possible and as I wake up early every morning and cuddle with my little guy I can't help but think how lucky I am. I love that he's starting to coo at us and smile and suck his thumb(yes, he has officially found his thumb) and I even love those early morning feedings when he just lays there holding my pinky with his little hand. This is a picture of what I found last Sunday after church. Everyone was apparently tired. :) I love my little family.





P.S. To anyone who may be having a baby in the future, I would totally recommend the book, "Babywise: Giving infants the gift of sleep." The title is something like that. Anyway, someone recommended I read that book(thank you Heather) and it has honestly been a lifesaver. If you want your baby to sleep through the night at an early age and get on a good schedule, read the book!

2 comments:

  1. I loved that book!! Such a great help! I'm glad things are going well! I totally understand the feeling of wondering what you got yourself into but like you said you wouldn't change anything. That is a precious picture by the way, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THAT BOOK! I read it with kaleb!

    ReplyDelete