Monday, April 18, 2011

And the fun begins!

We started the baby room! Last week, Jon had a little break in between semesters so we thought it would be the perfect time to paint our baby room. Due to our week filling up more than planned and certain things taking longer than expected, we haven't quite finished the room but it will still get done! I'll make sure of that. After all of my obsessing, it better get done...and be dang cute. This room was my inspiration:



It's obviously going to turn out a little different than this picture, with different flooring and gray as the accent instead of brown but I think it will still be cute. Here's what we've done so far:

Sanding down the crib that we got for FREE!!

Here's an idea of the room color. It turned out a little brighter than I wanted but I think it will still be cute...I hope. Especially after we put in some more of our neutral darker colors. My dad's going to paint a white tree on the wall as soon as he starts feeling better. Right now the room looks very...tropical.


Painting the crib

This room is me trying to be domestic. I'm actually making the baby quilt, curtains and pillows. Hello, I don't even sew. However, Jon gave me a sewing machine for Christmas since I'd been talking about wanting to learn and I figured this is the perfect time to learn because I can customize everything how I want.

On a side note: I cut my hair. After putting my hair in a ponytail for...two years straight, I just decided to cut it off because even I was getting tired of the ponytail. In case our anniversary picture didn't give a very good idea, this picture shows it a little better:



Or maybe not. Anyway, it's shorter...and I actually try to do it now. :)

3 comments:

  1. Ooo...that color is super fun! I love it! I'm trying to figure out what color to paint our bedroom (I'm sick of the bright green!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love and hate painting all at the same time. I love deciding what it should look like and hate finding the paint that is actually in my head. If you decide to re-paint, good luck! Although, that bright green is pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun Natalie!! Love the hair too. :) We are praying for your dad. We hope he gets better so he can paint the tree in the room too. We love you lots and miss you a ton!!

    ReplyDelete