Saturday, January 5, 2013

Christmas

I was reminded that I should put some pictures of Christmas on here because I got some cute pictures of Patrick.  While the holidays weren't as carefree and happy as usual, we definitely had some good times and tried to make the best of everything. 

So, these first pictures are from Christmas Eve morning because Jon and I decided to open all of our own gifts to each other before all the family festivities began so we got two days of Christmas.  Patrick decided to sleep longer that morning but we had a lunch to go to so we woke Patrick up before he was quite ready.  I'm lucky I got a picture of him not crying because he really wasn't a happy camper.

However, he got over his grumpiness pretty quickly once he realized he was finally able to open all the gifts under the tree and eat candy from a stocking.

I didn't really think Patrick would enjoy getting clothes, but he's a weird kid and got pretty excited over this shirt.   My mom got him socks and he got really excited over those, too.  He kept repeating, "sos, sos, sos!"  Yeah, he also loves shoes...

Jon decided he needed a real boy's toy so he picked out this Tonka dump truck.  And, Patrick loved that as well.  It was probably one of his favorite toys from Jon and I.  All is well. ;)





Grandma saved the day by giving Patrick Christmas Eve pajamas.  I don't know what's wrong with me but when it comes to traditions, I'm not really good at remembering them all.  We always got pajamas, growing up, on Christmas Eve but for some reason the thought didn't cross my mind to go buy some for Patrick.  But, my mom was prepared and these pajamas are super cute on Patrick.  Notice the Cars slippers.  Too cute.

Sad, but these are the only pictures we got on Christmas Day.  The first one is from the morning and the last one is from Christmas night.  Patrick had fun running all over that piano, making "music."



We also went and hung out with Jon's family on Christmas Day but we didn't get any pictures.  I get caught up in the excitement with lots of people around and any thoughts of the camera go out the window.  Now that Christmas is over, it's back to real life.  Lots of work and school.  But, I can't be too sad about school starting because it's officially the start of his last school year.  Considering we have a baby coming in the middle of March, we're going to be pretty busy and I think time will go by pretty quickly.  We can make it till July... 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment