Monday, May 21, 2012

Another great afternoon :)

I have to say Patrick loves the park almost as much as I do.  Right now his favorite activity is being outside of the stroller and pushing it along the grass.  I have the cutest video but unfortunately my phone won't let me "share" it like I can with the pictures.  Maybe tomorrow I'll remember my camera.  



Patrick hated the feel of grass for awhile but now he thinks it's the greatest thing ever.  Especially when there's dandelions to eat.


As I was watching Patrick push along the stroller today(which he's perfectly content doing for a good 20 min.), I was reminded how much I love this little boy.

 I love that he starts clapping every time he hears music or every time we act excited over something he's done.

 I love that in the middle of play time, he'll take a break to just cuddle with me before going back to his toys.

I love that he has his own toothbrush and loves to brush his teeth with me every morning.

I love that we're best buds and he wants to be by my side all day long.  I'm starting to realize I'm going to dread the day he realizes mom isn't so cool anymore.

 I love his little laugh and I love that he smiles at everyone he meets.

 I love that he's so outgoing but acts shy and cuddles into me anytime someone shows him attention.

 I love how he tries to play with Max and Abby(mostly by taking away their toys and grabbing their fur)

I love that every morning I can hear him happily chatting away in our monitor when he wakes up and I love that when I go get him from his crib, he smiles at me like I'm his favorite person in the world.

This post wasn't meant to be mushy but lately I've just been thinking a lot about how everything is different with your first child.  Never again will I be able to devote so much time to one little person(no, I'm not pregnant).  Next time we have a baby, I'm going to be chasing Patrick around while trying to love another little baby.  I won't be able to do what I did with Patrick, just sitting in a rocking chair in his bedroom, singing him to sleep, having no other obligation in the world other than to care for this one child.  I feel like it takes all my energy to care for one child, I don't know how all of you care for multiple kids!  I guess I'll learn...in awhile.  Right now I'm content giving Patrick all the lovin' he could ever want.



1 comment:

  1. You're post is so cute. It must be fun to have someone with you everywhere that just enjoys being in your company. :) what a sweetheart. :)

    ReplyDelete