Saturday, October 15, 2011

Memory Moment...

I know Memory Moment is a dumb name but  I still can't think of a great name so if anyone has an idea, feel free to share.  My greatest idea is to call it "My weekly BM(blessed memory)."  Funny right?  No.  So, I'm still thinking and here we go to another childhood memory:

Natalie

I have been obsessed with blankets ever since I was little.  Even now(not sure I should admit this) I cuddle at night more with a blanket than with Jon.  Course, he's not home at night so that's not really hard to do.  Heck, me and our dogs cuddle more than me and Jon so, there ya go.  Anyway, one time, Karolyn and I got in a fight(not sure you remember this Karolyn) over who knows what and she did what she knew would get me the most.  She shut me in a bedroom and chucked my blanket outside!  It sounds so dumb but when I was little, that made me livid...which was hard to do.  I was a pretty chill little kid but mess with my blanket, or my animals I suppose, and you saw the worst of my temper.

Jon

Jon's family has this tradition of doing a puzzle almost every time they're together.  At least that's what it seems like.  Me, I'm horrible at puzzles.  Them, geniuses.  I think Jon has gotten a new puzzle almost every Christmas and birthday since the time he was little enough to walk.  I'm making that up, but he has a lot.  He gets competitive about it too if I'm trying to help him.  All I know is, don't mess with any part of the puzzle but the part you've been specifically assigned.  Enough said.  He's amazing at figuring out any type of puzzle, not just the flat, board kind.  His brain just figures things out(which is why he does well with programming) and I think that's partly from doing so many puzzles from an early age.  He's a genius, that's all I have to say.

Patrick

Patrick loves looking at computer screens.  Weird.  I guess it's good we named him after Jon because they're a lot alike.  I was checking something on the computer and had Patrick in my lap and he started laughing at the computer.  Not sure what's so funny on facebook but it sure made him happy.  I told Jon about it and he said Patrick's done the same thing multiple times with him.  He also  does it with the t.v. screen.  Not that we want our kid to grow up staring at computer/t.v. screens his whole life and I'm sure right now he just likes seeing the different colors and scenes, but it's kind of funny to watch.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment