Sunday, October 9, 2011

I Give in. Again. Sort of.

A few months ago, after my dad was first diagnosed with cancer, I remember we had a little family chat where we(my dad in particular) sort of just reminisced about the past.  Things like, how my dad would rub our noses to give us "butterfly kisses," or songs he used to hear/sing that would make him cry thinking about how much he loved my mom and just other random memories that were special.  Honestly, I look back on my childhood and sometimes it makes me ache for the past.  Not that my life now isn't great, because I wouldn't change a thing, but sometimes it's fun to think of times before.  It's nice to think of the good old days when I was small enough to stand on my dad's feet and dance, or how I would sleep with my mom if I had a bad day(although that might not be too far in the past yet;)), and how they put up with me insisting we bury every single animal that we ever owned...which was a lot...and sometimes they died in the winter.  I loved my childhood.   I love the memories I have and I want my kids to someday read this and see what their mom and dad did when they were kids, whether it be stupid, fun, crazy or great.  So, ever since that little family chat a few months ago, I've been thinking about starting a post that's written once a week about a past memory. That, and Nancy's Fun Fact Friday gave me the idea.  So, this is sort of like the FFF but a little different.  I don't have a catchy name for it yet so I'll add that later.  Patrick doesn't have too much of a past so his stories will be current but anyway, here it goes:

Natalie:

This is a picture when I was almost 1 year old.  Apparently right after this, my hair started to stick straight up and no matter what my mom did, it would not lay flat.  I have a picture but I'm still trying to decide if I want to embarrass myself and put it up here. ;)  I guess I was a stubborn baby(no surprise there) and if I decided to do something, there was no give.  When I was a few months old, I decided I didn't want to nurse anymore and quit cold turkey one day.  I also decided I didn't want to wear a diaper anymore when I was 1 1/2 yrs. old and potty trained myself in one day.  I guess I didn't like to poop my pants...still don't.

Jon:

Unfortunately I still need to get some of Jon's childhood pictures so I don't have one for today.  I will post them though.  Jon was born weighing almost 11 pds.  No surprise that it was not an easy delivery.   His nickname was Moby, the white whale and apparently his feet were size 5 when he was born.  They didn't even fit in the little box on the paper when they first stamped his feet at the hospital.  I think he was a cute baby, but I'd be lying if I didn't say he had quite a few rolls.

Patrick:

Patrick is growing like a weed.  He hasn't gained too much weight lately but he's gotten taller so he's starting to thin out a little.  There is no stopping this kid.  We got him a jumperoo and he loves it.  He's already trying to stand and kick his feet and I'm afraid it won't be too long till I'm chasing him around the house.  He's sleeping 8 1/2-9 hrs. at night(which I'm grateful for) but during the day he wants to constantly be moving.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment