Monday, March 21, 2011

San Diego!!!

Have I mentioned before how much I love traveling and going on vacations? I'm pretty sure I have because I would go on a vacation every month if I could. It really doesn't even matter where, although certain places are better than others. Well, this past week I got to go to San Diego to visit my sister. Honestly, this gray Rexburg weather was really getting to me so about a month ago, I got a ticket to go to sunny California. And oh, how wonderful it was to see sunshine. I really wish Rexburg would catch on that it's springtime now. It snowed today for heaven's sake! Why do I live here? Anyway, it was nice to visit Karolyn and see some of the fun things she gets to enjoy everyday. Sorry, but this post will have a lot of pictures. I took many more but there's only so much patience I have for uploading photos...

This is outside of the botanical gardens.


And this is inside

My favorite flower in the greenhouse


These are called flamigo anthurium....or something like that. I can see the flamingo part.


Karolyn by some other flowers I really liked


This is just one of the streets in Balboa Park. I would highly recommend going to Balboa Park if anyone goes to San Diego because not only does it have the San Diego zoo, but just down from there are these beautiful streets with a ton of different museums. Some of them cost but a lot are free as well so it's fun to go whether you want to spend money or not. I loved the area when I went on my honeymoon and I loved it the second time around with Karolyn.



Welcome to meditation gardens. This is at the entrance

People really come here and sit in a corner and meditate.



Random, but I was practicing out my camera skills(or lack thereof) and I thought this leaf was nice.




Oh, how I love the ocean. Some day, I hope to live by one.



This is the life

One of the beaches we went to had these cute seals laying all along a little part of the beach



By the tide pools


This squirrel loved me. He even came up to my hand and tried to eat my plastic bag


Hello pregnant belly in a swimsuit

3 comments:

  1. Ow ow! Look at that hot mama on the beach! :) :) :) It's okay Natalie, someday I want to live by one too. We can live in a warmer sunnier place together someday. :D Maybe move by Tara! ;)

    You look like you guys had a lot of fun! Karolyn looks great!

    And that green leaf picture, actually turned out really cool! I love the colors and the line of green that goes little to big. Very artistic. ;) :D

    Glad you had a great time!! :) I miss you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think you and Erika should BOTH come and live by me! ;) I'm glad you had fun and Karolyn looks wonderful!

    When are you due? You are so tiny!! I recommend (if you love to travel) to take one trip every month until that baby comes, even if it's just a little short one. Once, he makes his grand entrance, it will be a long while until you get to enjoy the traveling, so live it up while you can! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thank you both! Erika, I'm glad you enjoyed my attempt with the camera. And, I agree that we should all move by you, Tara ;) I think Jon would agree that I'm a much happier person when I have plenty of sun...and palm trees. ha ha Tara, I'm due in July so I have 3 1/2ish more months left. Eh, I didn't think pregancy could feel this long. :)

    ReplyDelete