Friday, May 26, 2017

Life this past week

This past week was full of some of my favorite things: soccer games, school events, firsts, lasts, and putting together a baby room.  This is a picture dump so that I can document everything in one post.  You've been warned.

First off: Kindergarten graduation was last friday!  I was really looking forward to this and it did not disappoint.  Those little kids were adorable up there and I loved seeing Patrick getting into the songs.  He was a little self conscious at times but still so cute to watch.



He's really excited that he gets to go to school all day next and do things like, ride the bus!  And, eat lunch at school!  

 And on that same day(May 19th), right after the graduation, Patrick showed me that his tooth was ready to come out.  He was growing up so much in one day!

And then on Saturday the boys had their next to last game and the team took their team picture.  Aiden even scored his first goal on this day.  I'm going to miss soccer season.


On Sunday we decided to take a little drive up to Mesa Falls.  The boys were soo excited for our little "trip" and then when they saw the waterfall, they couldn't believe such a big waterfall is so close to where we live.  Although, I think the rainbow coming off of the waterfall was their favorite part.

And then the start of the nursery happened.  We have a few projects planned for this weekend and curtains, bedding, etc. is still coming but we got a few things put together!  Patrick was really excited to help.


And Aiden was really excited to have pictures taken of himself.



 Yesterday, Patrick had his official last day of kindergarten so I had to take a picture of our oldest little man all grown up.

I forgot to take a picture of Aiden on his last day of pre-school so he wanted his own school picture.



 And, lastly, when I asked Patrick if he was excited for summer break his response was "yeah...but I'm really going to miss my teacher..."  He loved kindergarten this year and he already is asking when he can go to first grade so I'm glad we decided to put him in this year.  It wasn't all easy for him and sometimes I worry about other kids bullying him once in awhile(he's as tall as some of the older kids but acts as young as the younger kids so it throws kids off), but overall he has grown a lot and loves it.  I just have to remember that if he comes home angry at everyone, it's because we need to talk about something that happened at school rather than me get upset that he's being a pill. ;)

Anyway, life is good!  Plans change from day to day but we're learning to be flexible and overall, we're in a good spot and for that, I am grateful.  And this little family of mine is pretty great. 


No comments:

Post a Comment