Monday, March 10, 2014

Life lately

Anyone else loving the fact that it's starting to feel like spring might be coming soon?  I know it snowed/hailed today but on Saturday, I barely wore a jacket...and that day gives me hope for future weather. A couple weeks ago, we had a few nice days in a row and we took full advantage of those.
 I'm excited to build a house in the future, but I have to admit that it's nice having three parks within a 1-5 minute walking distance.   I keep trying to convince Jon that since we'll have a larger piece of land, we have to include a playground in our landscape designs.  I also want an indoor pool, huge kitchen, sitting area in my bedroom, walk-in closets, the highest materials possible, jacuzzi tub, library, vaulted ceilings, workout room, and an apartment attached.  For some reason, he thinks I'm slightly unrealistic. ;)  Oh yeah, and I want a huge greenhouse that I can turn into my tropical getaway...and a mini house for guests.  I obviously have humble tastes.

Also, Aiden has been to multiple doctors because he failed his hearing test.  Wanna know the answer they all give me?  Earwax.  So what do I do?  Give him baths every day and pour warm water in his ear and take showers at night with him because he can't sleep because his ears are hurting him(and nope, he has no ear infection).  Finally, the last doctor I go to mentions there's this magical little bottle, that's over the counter, that can soften his earwax.  Am I the only person on this planet that didn't know that stuff existed?  I'm really glad I've paid hundreds of dollars for doctors to say, "get his ear wet and come back in a week" and then tell me he still has earwax.   Maybe doctors think something so obvious isn't worth mentioning but believe me...it is.
Good thing Aiden has a great time at the doctor's office.

This last Saturday, we all went to a birthday party for Kami's little boy and the boys were in little kid heaven.  Trampoline, swing set, dart guns, junk food...pretty much everything Patrick could ever want in life right now.
 Aiden really loves the slide.


 Any else have a problem taking group pictures with little kids? ;)  It's like we were yelling, "Hey, no one look at me!  Yep, just keep examining that grass everyone.  Or cry, that works too."


Patrick really loved the trampoline.

That pretty much sums up anything exciting that might have happened lately.  Other than that, we've just been working and trying not to go crazy inside.  I should become one of those crafty moms that has fun crafts for her kids but I'm just not.  And I'm starting to accept that about me and that I can be a fun mom in other ways.  Like, wrestling with my kids and giving them piggy back rides or chasing them around outside.  I love my little boys more than I can say but these winter months make me simultaneously bored yet pushed to my emotional limits.   Numerous times a week, Patrick points to his swimming gear and asks for summer to come.  At least we're on the same page.  I hear ya, bud.



3 comments:

  1. My kids keep asking "is it summer yet?" I wish. I loved those few nice days we had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a terribly crafty mom either and that's okay! I never heard of ear wax as a problem or any otc helps with it either. Hmm, who knew? Glad you found something that helps! Spring is so close to being here. We're chomping at the bit too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. It's somewhat comforting to know you're quitting teaching to focus on motherhood. These boys need our full attention! Maybe someday the time will be right for me to teach again.

    ReplyDelete