Monday, October 14, 2013

Aiden at 7 months

My baby is 7 months old.  This has been a big month for him.  He's becoming quite the strong little boy.  He's sitting up really well, rolling around like a champ and has mastered the backwards crawl.   Lately he's started pulling himself up to things so that he can stand.  Where is my baby?  He's going to be walking before he figures out how to crawl forward. Jumping in the jumperoo is a daily exercise...he's just a really active little boy. :)
                                         

Aiden loves to hear the sound of his own voice and is quite the little talker.  I can't say that he's clearly said mama or dada but he's playing around with those sounds a lot and usually when he's frustrated, he'll say mamamamama!  He definitely lets us know when he's not happy, which is mostly when he's hungry or bored, but in general he is still a super content little man.

I can't describe how much joy it gives me to see these two together.  Patrick is such a good older brother and Aiden adores Patrick.  Patrick has made Aiden smile and laugh at times when Jon and I could do nothing to make him happy.  I love watching these two grow together and as hard as it was to have two kids close together, it's completely worth it.

I forgot to add Aiden's 6 month stats to his last post, but I thought it'd be fun to compare his and Patrick's numbers.

Aiden at 6 months:
                    Weight: 18.06 pds.-53rd percentile
                     Height: 27.12 in.- 67th percentile
                    Head: 17 in.-27th percentile
Patrick at 6 months:
                    Weight: 20.8 pds-91st percentile
                    Height: 27.7 in.- 83rd percentile
                    Head: 17.5 in.
Looking at their numbers side by side, Patrick doesn't seem like he was a lot bigger, but those 2 pounds seem to make a big difference.  I'm grateful Aiden still seems like a smaller baby.  Even though I see his babyness slipping away every day, he still seems like my little baby that came home from the hospital weighing 4 pds.  I'm glad he's not doing the traditional crawl yet because it would make him seem that much older.  With Patrick, I focused a lot more on the milestones and helping him achieve them early but with Aiden, I'm more than happy to let him slowly figure things out.  I don't care if he crawls, walks or talks earlier than the neighbor's baby.  That's something I wish I could have relaxed more about with Patrick.  Live and learn.

Aiden, we wouldn't change a thing about you.  We love you little man.  Happy 7 months!  

No comments:

Post a Comment