Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Sometimes life just happens

I was going to have this post about how we had a really great weekend and spent some time at a cabin for a family reunion and then how we also went to Utah for a baby blessing and I was going to write how great it was to get away and have a little vacation.  But, life happened.  Instead of our busy weekend, we started getting sick on and off throughout the week and by the weekend I had sore, fatigued, cramping muscles over my whole body and couldn't move much without the help of my beloved Tylenol.  Those little white pills became my best friend.  Today is Tuesday, and the muscle pain is easing up and it feels like I just worked out way too hard.  Don't know what caused it, all I know is our fun weekend didn't happen.

I was feeling slightly disappointed and pretty useless since I could barely lift our 6 month old baby, so Jon offered to move all the furniture in our boy's room so that Patrick could move up to a normal bed and Aiden could take the crib.

I think he likes it


This week we get to go pick out matching sheets...in case the mismatching was driving anyone crazy...
  Both boys have taken to the beds really well.  No drama.  Patrick waited patiently in his bed this morning until I came and opened the door for him.  It was great.

 I just thought this picture was cute of the two sickies at the beginning of the week:
Sorry about the red eye
It would have been fun to see family but it was kind of nice to have a quiet weekend.  I am constantly planning out life, long term and day by day, and sometimes it just doesn't happen how we think.  Sometimes our bodies say we are done being busy and they give out on us.  It happens. :)  I'm just glad I have a husband that patiently listens every time I'm frustrated when things don't turn out how I think they should...which has been the story of our life for the last while.  Long while.  That's probably the story of everyone's life.

And I'm also grateful I have a husband who is fully supportive and on board when I tell him I still want to go on a mini vacation and run in a race like this: http://hitandrun5k.com/  To all family members and friends who want to run it as well, or even just watch, we'd love to have you join us. It's like a mini WipeOut. :)  Just pray that my muscles stop being dumb by then becauseI'm pretty sure I'll need them.


1 comment:

  1. You're so sweet and true to life! Hope you're feeling better soon. I love the sleeping picture!

    ReplyDelete