Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Little Pirates

Oh hey, another blog post.  I can't help myself.  I'm hoping to print this blog off soon so I want to make sure I'm all caught up.  Anyway, this last Saturday our niece, Afton, had her 3rd birthday party.  The theme: pirates.  Kami told us to dress up the kids and at first I thought, "cool, I'll go find an eye patch," but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to just get in the fun and actually dress up my boys...but still as cheaply as possible. :)  I realized the other day that someday I'll look back at these times and remember them as "the good old days," and we'll laugh about how cute our kids looked when they were young and I should just embrace everything about this time in our lives...including putting effort into parties, dressing up, etc.  I would go into a tangent on that but really I have a lot of pictures to upload and those are much more exciting than my tangents.  Enjoy our cute little pirates. :)

 I was a little excited at how cute Patrick looked and I guess he picked that up because from then until the time we left, he just ran back and forth through our house yelling, "run, run, run!"  This was the clearest picture I could get.

 And how adorable is a baby pirate?


 Random: Apparently someone named a street after me in Pocatello. ;)


 Yeah, kids just don't like to look at the camera at the same time and smile.



Patrick was a little obsessed with the pinata once he heard there was candy in it.  He was Clayton's little buddy while it was being set up.


Cute boys. :)

There was a lot of tramp time.  Jon and I were a little embarrassed at our tramp skills.  I remember it being a lot easier to flip around last time I was on one...10 years ago.

This happened to be a day where I thought I looked a little better than I really did when I left the house and then I look back at pictures and they're really not flattering.  So, good picture or not, I'm trying to be better at being in some of the pictures with my kids.


We definitely knew where Patrick's priorities were.  The other kids were enjoying a treasure hunt but Patrick  had no interest in running around a house.  The slide is where it's at.

Exhausted after a fun party.  Poor guy couldn't even finish his cheese puffs. :)

This next picture has nothing to do with the party but it's a cute story so I wanted to add it as well.  After we left Pocatello, we stopped at Best Buy because Derek wanted help picking out a laptop.  Patrick had no intention of just standing there so we ran around the store and he decided to sit on this shelf here.  The little girl in the picture decided he was fun and sat right next to him.  He moved away from her, she moved closer, he moved away, she moved closer.  He went all the way to the end and gave me this look.  I don't think he was interested. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment