Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Aiden: 2 months

I wanted to write about Mother's Day but at the moment I can't get all of the pictures off my phone so I will wait on that post.  Me and technology...  

But, Aiden turned 2 months old today so I'm going to do a little update on him instead.

Where to begin...  We love Aiden.  He has brought such a sweet spirit into our house and we have loved almost every minute of it. ;)  He's such a happy, talkative little baby.  His constant smiles tend to distract me and all I want to do is pull silly faces at him just to hear his babble and see his cute smile.  He tries to talk much more than I ever remember Patrick doing, which is saying something because Patrick constantly talks.:)

As of last week, Aiden usually sleeps from 10:00-4:00, eats, sleeps again until 7:30ish, eats and falls asleep again until 9ish.  Really, he put himself on that schedule and I am soo grateful.  If you know me, you know I like/need sleep and having a baby who naturally falls asleep for naps and put himself on a good schedule at night was the greatest thing I could have asked for.  Thank you, Aiden.  The only thing I did was make sure his naps weren't too long so that he saved his longer sleeping times for night.

His face has filled out but mostly he just keeps getting taller.  Newborn clothes would still fit if it weren't for his height. Here are his stats:
                  Length-57.15 cm, 22 percentile
                  Weight-12 pds, 65 percentile

Really, I can't say enough how much joy Aiden brings into our family.  I would be lying if I didn't say life seems more crazy and hectic with two little boys around, but I love seeing the two of them interact.  Part of me wants Aiden to grow quickly so that they can play with each other but the other part of me wants Aiden to stay small and cuddly for a long time.  I love babies.  I love this stage when they're sleeping more but are still small and cuddly.  I know this phase will pass quickly so right now I'm just trying to enjoy it...even if it means cuddle/play time takes the place of laundry, and dishes, and sweeping, and any other chore needed around the house.  Someday my house will be perfectly clean but I'm ok with that being later. ;)

      This little face is totally worth a little mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment