Thursday, November 1, 2012

The cutest little tiger

You know you're a little too excited for the festivities to begin when you're willing to wake your child up from a deep sleep like this, just so you can put a tiger costume on him and take him to a trunk-or treat party.  Patrick didn't forgive me for the next hour.
  


This was Patrick before his nap time.  We decided to start off the Halloween day by showing him off at Karolyn's work.  FYI: the people at Zion's Bank give out the good candy on Halloween.  You can kind of see the candy bars in Patrick's hands-he was not willing to give that chocolaty goodness up. 

This is right before we went to Fat Cats for the trunk-or-treat.


 After our little trunk-or-treat thing, we stopped to trick-or-treat at the Blackburn home.  Don't little kids look soo cute dressed up as furry animals?  Jon wanted to put Patrick in something cool, like a super hero, but I held my ground and made Patrick wear something cute and cuddly.  Next year Jon will probably win in the costume department with Patrick because then I'll have another little baby to dress up in a cuddly costume...weird.

By this time, Patrick had it figured out that today was the only day of the year that we would so freely give him candy.  He was in sugar heaven but we also paid for that a little later at Grandma Clifford's house when he was in desperate need for real food.

Then we headed over to trick-or-treat and eat yummy food at Grandma Clifford's house.  I think I ate a few too many donuts last night.

 I know the picture color/quality is super crappy(yeah, I don't know how to take pictures) but I had to get a picture with Patrick.  I tried to get more pictures of Patrick at my mom's house but, like I said earlier, he was having little meltdowns and wanted to cuddle or eat.  I think in this picture he's watching my mom dish up his soup.  After dinner time, I was exhausted(dang pregnancy) and lost all motivation for picture taking.  Maybe next year...
I hope everyone else had a good Halloween.  Maybe next year I'll get the motivation to dress up our whole family.  Growing up, my parents were always good about getting us in the Halloween spirit.  My dad had this Igor costume that he would scare his Jr. High kids with, and my mom would make chili and donuts and it was always a party.  I was a little slow getting on the, Halloween is fun, band-wagon but I really am starting to get excited to make Halloween special for my kids, just as my parents always did for us.  

And, to end this post, I had to add another pregnancy picture because...I'm halfway done!  Morning sickness is still there but getting better and better so now I'm just getting anxious to find out the gender.  We find out tomorrow sooo, does anyone have any guesses!?  I love getting comments on here so feel free to guess away. ;)


1 comment:

  1. Happy Halloween!!! What a cute tiger. It looks like you had a fun. We sure did. And you look adorable pregnant. I'm horrible at guessing, but I think it's another boy... maybe because I have two boys and love it!

    ReplyDelete