Friday, November 9, 2012

First haircut

If you know me very well, you know that there are a few things I can't handle in life.  One of those things happens to be a family with hairstyles that look like a mullet.  Call me vain, but if Jon had had a haircut that even slightly resembled a mullet, I wouldn't have given him a second glance.  So, when people started mentioning how Patrick's hair looked like it was turning into a mullet, it had to go.  Nothing feels better than living in a trailer park and being told your son has a mullet. ;)    So even though you might not be able to see a huge difference in Patrick's before and after pictures; believe me, there is.

This is Patrick's before picture.  Really, he's decided the camera is not as cool as he originally thought so pictures are really difficult nowadays but if you look closely, you can kind of see how long his hair goes in the back.  It's even longer towards the middle of the neck.

And these are his after pictures.  Mainly we just cleaned it up in the back, along the front and around his ears.

Goodbye nasty mullet.


I thought it would be appropriate to add these next pictures because while the above pictures look like Patrick was perfectly happy with us cutting his hair, he wasn't.

And he made sure to vocalize his displeasure throughout the whole process.

But all that torture was totally worth it.  He'll thank me someday. :)

                    


On a totally unrelated topic, I forgot to add some Halloween pictures.  I know we've been done with Halloween for a couple weeks now but it was Patrick's first time with his own pumpkin so I thought I should add them on here.
 Patrick is obsessed with spatulas, forks and dogs so I tried carving those into his pumpkin(yeah, I'm really creative like that).  However, it kind of looks like I carved a pig with a pitch fork and a shovel, or glass of wine or something.  How adorable right....?

After carving Patrick's pumpkin, I was lazy(I don't like cleaning out pumpkins) and decided to paint mine.  The top just says Happy Halloween.


My mom was making yummy cookies while Karolyn and I were being artistic...or at least trying to be. Jon was pretty much sitting at the kitchen table working on homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment