Monday, January 31, 2011

Update

I believe fruit is one of the greatest things ever created. Without it, I think I would starve to death, as well as my baby. If anyone knows the cure to morning sickness, please tell me. I've already tried saltines, peppermint, B6, Unisom, sour patch kids, not taking prenatals, taking prenatals and ginger. I think my next move is acupuncture. Not really because I really hate needles with a passion and while it's nice to lose 25 pounds(a goal I wanted to accomplish last summer), I don't think it's preferable while pregnant. So, at the moment I can say I've never been more grateful for oranges, grapefruit, bananas and strawberries than I am right now. But, just like everything else, I know their moment will pass and I'll have to find a new food my stomach can handle. If anyone can tell me where to get fresh cherries, I'll love you. This weekend was an ultimate high with my normal amount of nausea, plus a sore throat, the flu, stuffy nose, puking, you name it. I just have to say I'm super grateful I married the man I did. He ran to the store to get juice since that's all I really could stomache, made tea, gave me massages, scratched my back, watched Psych with me...you name it. All while he was sick with a cold. I think I'll call him Superman from now on.

On the upside, Jon is doing great in his classes. He's still working 36ish hours a week while going to school full time but the classes are timed better and 1/2 of them are online so he's actually getting an ok amount of sleep. This means his full brain capacity is working in class and once again, he's a math and computer whiz trying to explain concepts to me that I know I will never comprehend. I try to look like I know what's he's talking about when he's throwing out words like array, vector, limits, etc. but really nothing is even slightly connecting in my brain. I'm just glad he's smart and I can just practice my music or something. Hopefully our kids will have a chance.

3 comments:

  1. he he he. Sorry to hear you are so sick!! I'm glad Jon is there to take care of you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found some ideas here: http://www.childbirthsolutions.com/articles/pregnancy/morningsick/index.php
    I am sure you have tried some already. Sorry that you haven't been feeling well. :( Let me know if there is anything we can do. In the meantime, hang in there!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the website! It does have a couple ideas that I haven't tried yet. I'm sure Richard didn't enjoy working all this weekend but I appreciate that you guys have been flexible with me.

    ReplyDelete