Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to everybody! I haven't updated the blog for awhile but I have an excuse. I've been unbelievable tired lately and haven't really done much of anything. I feel like a slacker in every aspect of my life from work to doing the laundry and dishes. Honestly, even the thought of making grilled cheese sandwiches wears me out and makes me want to puke. I know, lovely image right? Well, here's the reason why...




Yes. We're getting...another puppy! Just kidding. Dumb joke. Anyway, I know you can't really read that strip but it confirms that there is a little person inside of me.That little baby has felt like a parasite for the last 12 weeks and I feel bad that I haven't been more thoroughly enjoying the pregnancy process. We've seen the heart beat which is a step up from the last couple times and we're praying everything works out. I feel horrible, which I didn't before, so I'm taking that as a good sign although I'm hoping that will go away soon. I guess the good side of feeling sick 24/7 is that you lose weight. I'm thinking by the time I'm about due, I'll be back up to my pre-pregnancy weight. Anyway, the baby is due in July and we're super excited. Hence, our over enthusiastic faces in the picture.

Overview of 2010:

I felt like this year was hard but also rewarding. Hard in the fact that I(and Jon but I show it more) had to learn patience and be reminded that things will happen in their own due time, when it's right. I won't go into detail but we were reminded of that numerous times. I got to see how selfish I am and how unselfish my husband is. During school, he took around 16 credits a semester and still kept up 36-40 hours at Broulims working the night shift. Even with him feeling like a zombie, he still made time to hang out with me and go on a date once in awhile. And, we saw family members struggle and go about as low as a person can. It's hard seeing them struggle and it's hard feeling powerless. But, on the upside, we had a lot of good things. Jon and I learned we're pretty good at supporting each other in hard times, which is good to know. It's good to know that I can cry and be moody and not make dinner for a few months and still have my husband tell me he couldn't live without me. We're grateful family is there to invite us to dinner since I've given up trying to make it. We got to travel to Pittsburgh to see Aubree and Mike, which was a great experience. And, we got to see a heartbeat, besides my own, inside of me. And we got to see the little arms and legs moving and little fingers that are already developed. The process of human life is...amazing. Anyway, we're excited and maybe a little bit scared for 2011. Hopefully it will bring a lot of changes.

4 comments:

  1. We are so happy for your good news! And, I totally feel your pain. I struggled so much with nausea and barfing when I was pregnant. Especially with our first. And, I was NOT fun to live with during any of my pregnancies. The up-side was that I always felt great after I had the baby. :) I know it sounds weird, but eating, as much as I didn't feel like it, always helped my nausea. I just had to always have something in my tummy. Try hauling crackers around with you everywhere you go. (Even church - people will understand.) You don't want to lose too much weight! Your baby may not like that.:O Let us know if you need anything. And, feel free to punch Richard whenever if you think it will help you feel better. hehe. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha thanks. Richard might find it weird if I randomly punch him when he comes to the store, though. Jon's had his fair share of it at home but he's pretty good natured about it. And thanks for the advice. I did find out the hard way that it only makes it worse not to eat and actually grapes and carrots were my wonder foods...and milk. It's getting better though. I just feel bad because I've done some pretty dumb, airheaded things at the store already and when I haven't been doing dumb things, then I haven't really been much help at all. I'm surprised you guys haven't fired me yet. I'm soo worthless. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this layout better. LOL. And I loved your "over enthusiastic" faces. Oh, and the joke wasn't *that* bad...

    Shiloh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, my mom said Jon's over enthusiastic face looked a little bit scary but I believe that was taken at 6:30 after he had just gotten off work. ha ha

    ReplyDelete