Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Mountains and Strings

This was the first year that I got to go to Mountains and Strings as a coach/helper person, instead of as a student. I had gone in 2001-2004 as a student in high school and loved it so I was excited to go again. It was interesting to be on the other side watching all the students and to remember back when I was one of them. Oh how life changes after high school! I got the opportunity to play in/coach the Schumann quintet which was incredibly fun.


The top picture is a panoramic view of where I got to sleep. The middle section is called the Scovel Center where we rehearsed and then the section on the right is a bunch of rooms where we stayed. The kids had to stay in the dorms which weren't too far away from us.



I think I saw a different looking weird moth everyday. These are two that were sitting on my window one morning. They aren't the coolest ones I saw but the only ones I had a camera for. I think the one on the top right is pretty interesting though.


These are pictures from our horseback ride. Everyone just rode through the woods on their horses in a single file line. It wasn't the most exciting thing of the week but it was pretty relaxing to just slowly ride on a horse through some really beautiful scenery.



The next to last picture above is a picture of my quintet. It's sad that I look about the same age as all of them even though I'm at least 8 years older. Anyway, they were really amazing kids and I thought our quintet sounded really good by the end...although, I had my doubts about it during the middle of the week. The last picture is just a picture of the chamber orchestra. We performed outside but it happened to be a really cold, rainy night. We had to keep stopping in between each song to hide under the shelter so that our instruments didn't get wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment