Thursday, June 28, 2018

Sammy's 1st birthday

Yesterday Sammy turned 1.  I know every parent says this but I can't believe she's 1!  She definitely acts like she's one has always moved fast in her development but I kind of still want her to be a baby.  I don't know if it goes by faster with each one, but I think my desire to have a baby for a longer period of time increases.  And maybe because she might be the last one(never say never) so the thought of no longer having a baby is a little sad.  However, it's been soo fun to watch her grow and explore and develop her personality and we seriously couldn't love her more.  She is hilarious and fun and joyful and energetic and feisty and already my best little girlfriend.  She has such a quick mind and a strong body and soul.  When Jon gave her a blessing after she was born, I had a strong impression that she was going to be a great force in the world and do a lot of really great things and I can already see how her personality will accomplish that.  She has a strength about her but also a great ability to love and be so sweet.  She knows what she wants and can take charge in the house but she can also entertain herself better than any of my other kids and is content to be by herself and explore(in her baby proof room, of course).  I relax more and more with each kid and it's been amazing to just sit and watch her.  To take time for me to be still and just observe my children.  And in her I see someone who loves life.  People are always smiling and talking to her because she smiles easily but even when people aren't giving her attention, she's observing people and trying to get them to connect with her.  I'm proud to be her mom and I really can't wait to see her learn and grow because I know she's going to be and already is such an amazing little person.

For Sam's birthday, my mom and sister drove over here so we were able to have family with us!  It was kind of a last minute surprise a couple weeks before it happened and it ended up being perfect.  Somehow I stress about little birthday details, no matter how plain or elaborate it is but it all worked out and she was her adorable self.  And we all enjoyed celebrating such a special little girl.  Since this might be my only time to celebrate with pink, that pretty much ended up being the only "theme" to the party.  Pink and white with a little shimmer. :)




















Here are her stats from the 1 year appointment:
-Weight: 20lbs 6oz(60%)
-Height: 30"(79%)
-Head circumference: 46cm(79%)

And here are a few I'd taken earlier that I was deciding between for the wall:



This age of dependence can be so exhausting but it's definitely the cutest phase of all.  We love you, Sammers!

No comments:

Post a Comment