Monday, October 23, 2017

Family Pictures

Having a nicer camera and being able to take our family pictures whenever I want has been amazing.  My boys would completely disagree with the amazing part because in one week I made them go out three times(one to test the location, one when I took pictures for my sister-in-law and one more time when I took pictures with my mom and siblings) but I'm glad they were troopers.  And we picked a spot that had sticks and rocks and a river so really, they enjoyed it as well.  I have a long way to go before my pictures start turning out exactly how they are in my head(which I learned is mostly produced by photoshop, although there are still settings on the camera I'm figuring out as well) but I'm still happy with them and I love having updated pictures of our little family.

This location is literally 2 minutes from our house.  And this first picture isn't the river I was talking about.  I learned A LOT about lighting and the sun during these little photo sessions so by the time we got around to doing pictures by the river, the kids were DONE.  And I know we went three times but the first time was mainly to scout it out and take a couple pictures with different settings, the second time I just took pictures of my kids between taking pictures for my sister-in-law and the third time was with my extended family and I sneaked in some pictures of us in the middle.  Anyway, here are our 2017 family pictures.


                            


                                             










                             





I realize these three pictures are very similar but her little face just kills me and I don't know which expression is my favorite

                             








 Real life right there...except I'm the one crying and Sam is usually smiling

                           

Yesterday was the primary program and I teared up a few times over the littlest things but yesterday, watching my boys up at the stand, and today, looking through all these pictures, I just feel gratitude.  I'm so grateful for this little family of mine and they are truly special to me.  My family is the best part about me and I can't imagine losing any of them, in this life or the next.  

No comments:

Post a Comment