Thursday, October 9, 2014

3 year old Patrick

Patrick,

You turned 3 years old a couple months ago and I can hardly believe you're getting so big.  When did you grow up into such a little man?  You have developed quite the little personality and I am so blessed to be your mom.

I'm not going to lie, this last year has had a lot of rough moments.  You have quite the little attitude, little man.  Life has had it's share of trials in your little life and I worry that our stress has rubbed off onto you.  You are our guinea pig and we are constantly changing our game plan with you but I wouldn't have it any other way.  I love you.  All of you.  Every little stubborn, feisty, loving, adorable, aggravating side of you.  Thank you for teaching your dad and I patience.  We definitely need it with your defiance.



We're making progress though.  We're all learning.  I've learned that your heart is soo big, bud.  So big.  And you have no bubble.  You want people around you at all times and you love the attention.  That's something that I've had a hard time understanding because we're different in a lot of ways.  You teach me, everyday, how to love more deeply.  How to hold those that are dear to us closely. 

You are a passionate one.  Sometimes that's difficult because if you want a toy you're passionate about, we have to have a little lesson on being a little more gentle with other kids.  It's another trait that I'm learning from.  You've been pretty passionate about cars for the last couple years and your vast collection of cars can prove that.  I'm still amazed that you can keep track of all those names.  Even mommy has a hard time keeping track of them all.


Lately, I've been able to see how you have quite the creative mind.  You've started replacing your cars with crayons, scissors(thanks to pre-school), paper, markers, play doh, etc.  You love to draw and create things.  You've taken a big interest in my violin and in the piano and I love hearing you say, "mom, I just want to make music!"  I love seeing this side of you coming out and I hope you have a passion in the arts someday.

Oh, Patrick.  We love you.  We love you more than I can say.  I have so many days where it is so hard to have patience because you think it's funny to aggravate us, but even then...I still love you.  I can't imagine life without my little buddy and I'm grateful you have patience as we figure this parenting thing out.
Thanks for keeping life entertaining.

Love,
Mom and Dad
 
   

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! He's so cute! I can't believe he's already three! He has gotten so grown-up!

    ReplyDelete