Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Salt Lake Trip

This last weekend, we decided to get away, visit with family and have a relaxing trip.  And that is just what we did.  There was a lot of hotel swimming, a nice morning run ending with a trip to Starbucks, and a little shopping for my favorite type of clothing...workout clothes. :)  Since we've been back, Patrick has asked to go swimming everyday.  We left on Thursday and came back on Sunday and part of me wishes the trip had been longer.  It was nice not cooking, or going down to the pool whenever we desired and seeing such excitement on my boy's faces as they ran up and down the hotel halls.  I guess I was enjoying myself so much, I didn't even think to pull out my camera or phone to take pictures.  These are the only two I got:
 Patrick has always had a love/hate relationship with water and whenever we go I'm never quite sure which side is going to come out.  Luckily on this trip he loved it, and loved it so much that he wanted to take off swimming without us.  We bought that life vest so that it was a little easier on all of us.  He's quite the little fish now and it reinforced in my mind that he's ready to take swimming lessons.  Anyone know of a great place to go in Rexburg?
I got an ipod touch for Christmas and I use it for everything, including taking pictures while we go on lovely runs. I seriously want to move to Thanksgiving Point in Utah.  I don't know why, but it just hit a spot in me that was good for my soul.  I am extremely grateful for the life I have but I am definitely someone who likes to explore the world and if anything, this little vacation made me even more antsy to go on a big trip somewhere.  I'm thinking the Caribbean should be in the near future. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment