Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Holiday Festivities

To get in the spirit of Christmas this year, we've done a few festivities such as: watching Christmas shows, decorated gingerbread houses, baking lots of goodies, and even making our own ornaments for the tree; which, by the way, is really dumb with a 2 year old and a 9 month old.  "Hey Patrick, why don't you take these scissors and make a snowflake..." or "Hey Aiden, want to color this piece of paper?  Oh, you just want to chew on it?  Ok."  I think I need to wait a few more years before I do that again.

This last Sunday, I decided to put the boys in their Christmas outfits and I thought they were pretty darn cute.




He loves the homemade snowflakes
 Patrick is in this phase where he just wants to give awkward faces to the camera.  Maybe he'll grow out of it, someday.

 This was the same Sunday that we decorated our gingerbread houses
My house

Jon's house
 Patrick was a lot better at decorating the house then I thought.  Mostly he wanted to eat the candy but you can see the look of concentration on his face.

Aiden loved decorating my mom's tree.

For Christmas Eve, the Blackburn cousins put on a little nativity.  It was pretty cute to see Aiden as baby Jesus and Patrick as a shepherd.  My pictures are horrible because my camera was being weird, but you can kind of get the idea.


And then we had a dinner at my mom's house.  Patrick and Aiden were excited to get their Christmas jammies from Grandma Clifford


Our Christmas tree is all ready for the boys tomorrow and I'm pretty darn excited to see their looks of excitement.


Merry Christmas, from the Blackburns!



No comments:

Post a Comment