Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Who knew vacuuming was so great?

Yesterday, I was able to babysit my niece, Afton, and my nephew, Clayt while my sister-in-law had her hair/nails done.  I realized in my last post that I haven't taken many pictures lately so I thought I should start again.  This is Patrick and Afton playing outside-it looks like Patrick smacked her and ran away smiling but I'm pretty sure I just caught this picture at an awkward moment.  Who knew getting a 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 year old to look at the camera at the same time would be so hard? ;)

 I do have to say that taking care of 3 kids was harder, physically, then when it's just me and Patrick.  I was exhausted last night!  But, mentally, I felt like my morning/afternoon went by a lot faster.


Also, this has become a great past time in the Blackburn home.  Vacuuming.  I don't know why, but Patrick loves it.  We have an old, ghetto vacuum that is pretty easy to push around(as you can see in the pictures) but Patrick has vacuumed at grandma's house with the big vacuums and he does just as well.  I'm pretty sure his super-baby strength didn't come from my side.  On the good side, my floors have never looked better. :)  I'm taking advantage of this stage Patrick's in where he loves to "help."  Laundry, vacuuming, and doing dishes are a regular morning routine.



1 comment: