Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Being crafty and Santa!

 So, while I have openly admitted that I'm not an expert at sewing, once in awhile I get in the mood to be all "crafty."  That, mixed with the fact that I want to feel like each baby has new things but yet have a limited budget...these pictures are the result.  While making this, I realized I greatly overestimated how much fabric I would need.  So now I can make Patrick and the new baby a blanket with the material left over.  So, $30 later(although I was lucky to hit the expensive material on a great sale), I have a new interior, a car seat cover and two blankets.

I decided to cover the inside of the car seat with the minky material and then made a cover for the top.  Thank you to velcro, because without it, covering the inside of the car seat wouldn't have happened.  I won't even try to pretend like I know how to sew a car seat together.  Again, sorry for the bad picture quality.  All you people who have clean, crisp pictures on your blog...how do you do it?  I suppose getting around to taking pictures earlier than 8:00 at night would help.



And...tonight we saw Santa.  It would be an understatement to say that Patrick was not fond of him.  I knew that Patrick takes time to warm up to people before letting them hold him so I figured he might cry a little with Santa but I didn't realize how terrified he'd really be.  The kind lady elf finally took a picture for me so that I could sit by Patrick and try to comfort him long enough to get a shot.  As you can see, Patrick just grasped onto me for dear life.  Maybe next year he'll realize that Santa is actually a fun guy who gives presents.  Although...I can't remember a year growing up when I didn't freak out every time my parents mentioned the phrase "let's go see Santa!" so maybe he just gets the odd fear from me.  We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha... Awww!! Nat, you look so pretty!! I love the santa picture. Love your crafts too! :)

    ReplyDelete