Friday, November 19, 2010

Victory

So, 2 months and 12ish pounds later, I've won the competition against my sister-in-law. We had an agreement that we had to put $1 in the "pot" for everyday we missed working out. Whoever missed the least amount of days, wins. It's hard for me to work out 5 days a week but the determined/stubborn side of me comes out when I'm in a competition I know I can win. I don't think anyone has beaten my stubborness. It's a quality that Jon finds endearing and extremely frustrating. At least I think he finds it endearing...frustrating for sure. It's sad that now that the competition is gone, my willpower goes drastically down. However, it's still a goal of mine to work out 3-4 days a week and now I know that the only thing that really works for me is running and lifting weights. And eating healthier, of course. I hate running but I love lifting weights so at least I can look forward to that when I go to the gym. Thank goodness BYUI gives spouse I-Cards. I also noticed how sad it is when I barely recognize 12 pounds gone. When I was in high school that would have been a huge deal but now it just means my "fat pants" aren't tight anymore.

2 comments: