Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Scottish Fantasy by Bruch!

This is me after performing the Scottish Fantasy with the Rexburg Tabernacle Orchestra. I've been playing with the orchestra since high school and last year Brother Barrus asked me to solo with them. I was incredibly excited and scared! I had never played a solo with an actual orchestra so it was new for me but I was grateful to Brother Barrus for trusting me to do it. Normally I'm a violist but I had recently started playing around again on the violin(I tried it a little in high school) when he asked me to play with them. Learning a concerto on an instrument I wasn't as familiar with really pushed me but I loved it and it was a great learning experience for me.(For those of you who saw these pictures before, I figured out how to turn them the right way. Good for me.)



No comments:

Post a Comment