Monday, August 15, 2016

Hi.

Where do I even begin?  It's been awhile.  Like, all summer and I have holidays and birthdays to catch up with.  Patrick's birthday will be in a separate post but let's start with a recent photo of the boys saying hi. :)
We've been so busy playing out in the sun so sometimes we look like this:
The best $10 we ever spent provided hours of entertainment

And somehow Patrick convinced us to get a kitten(he's super cute with her, though)
And because of that, someone apparently thought our house was the drop off for spare cats
So now we have two.  Although this cat is seriously the most chill, sweet thing ever

And then the 4th of July happened!





Aside from Christmas, I think we successfully convinced them that 4th of July is one of the greatest holidays ever.

And because I'm always up for an adventure, we went up with my family to West Yellowstone

I LOVE that this little boy still wants to hold my hand all the time




I decided we needed an art wall so we got naked and broke out the paints
Sometimes we are on top of things and remember to do family home evening.  This particular Monday, we decided to talk about temples since Patrick had been asking a lot about them.  I was in a particular crusty mood but 3 seconds on the temple grounds and I felt really peaceful.  And the boys think it's the most beautiful place ever as well and Patrick has since asked if we can go to ALL the temples.  We'll sure try, bud. :)

I've had friends leave the church...I've had my own doubts in the church but seriously over the last few years I've developed such a love for this gospel that nothing could turn me away.  I would literally be lost without the peace the spirit brings and without the knowledge the gospel brings.  I don't even mean that lightly or generically when I say my life would literally have fallen apart without the light of the gospel.  It's made me a better, wife, mother, daughter, and person all around and logically...it does all make sense.  :)

And lastly, I want to remember this little boy's fascination/obsession with green and blue.  Even to the point of having to have one blue sandal and one green sandal.
Man, he just brings joy to my soul and heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment