Wednesday, February 10, 2016

January

A lot happened in January so even though we're partway through February already(what!?), there are a few things I want to get documented.  First thing we did in January was head to Salt Lake.  We wanted to go visit Uncle Derek after New Years and go see the lights at Temple Square.  And really, we are getting to the point where any excuse to travel is a good one for us.


The boys are actually pretty good about shopping.  They're still crazy, but they actually seem to enjoy the process.  Aiden likes to try everything on...
 But Patrick turns into your own little personal shopper.  He's really great at boosting the self-esteem as well by saying things like, "Wow mommy!  That looks great on you!"

 Uncle Derek took the boys to Build-A-Bear and, of course, our boys picked out My Little Ponies.  A lot of internal battles going on there...
Of course, winter here means we have to go sledding.  Honestly, it is Patrick's paradise.  Aiden gets cold more easily but he still loved it.


I've mentioned before that coloring is a big deal at our house
And sometimes the little one wets his pants when we're not home so he goes home in over sized t-shirts.
Since we go stir crazy at home, the library has become an outlet once in awhile.  It's been great for reading time and little arts and crafts



And lastly, a couple weeks ago we found out that Jon's grandpa passed away.  We kept trying to plan a time to go see him because we knew his health was getting worse so we felt really bad that we never made it in time.  His funeral definitely opened my eyes on the importance of just loving life.  He was a lot like my own grandpa and he was a big presence who influenced a lot of people.  And his jokes, while sometimes crude, had everyone laughing at the funeral as they reminisced about him.
 His casket is the exact casket that my dad has.  I have to admit, that part threw me a little when I first saw it.
 So many little kids to chase around!  The boys were in heaven
 Aiden adores his cousin Ada, so it was sweet when she let him lay next to her.  She was such a good help through it all
 The girl cousins are few and far between.  We need more...!

I think that sums up everything we've been up to.  Jon and I also made a last minute decision that a trip out of town was much needed to re-group and figure out some major life questions(some big things might be happening this year!) so we booked a trip to Hawaii!  We leave next week and I'm so excited for that, I can barely concentrate this week to get everything done that I need to.  Traveling is incredibly high on my priority list but in the past few years, other things have always taken precedence.  If I had to choose one passion in life(aside from the obvious things), it would be traveling.   So yeah, saying we're excited is an understatement. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment