Thursday, December 10, 2015

I want to remember...

I want to remember all of the funny things Aiden says.  And now that I'm writing them out, I can't think of the majority of the things he says that are so funny.  Twice in the last week I've had people comment on how funny he is and that I should be writing it down.  I couldn't agree more.

Aiden to a girl holding a little baby: "Hey dirl!  You have a baby!"
Girl: "Yep"
Aiden: "I want a baby.  Mom, I wanna buy one."

Aiden hearing a baby at church: "Oh!  A baby!  I wanna buy one."

Aiden looking at a picture of a puppy: "I wanna buy dat puppy!" (He's picked up on the fact that if we want something, we have to buy it first)

Babies have been on the boy's minds and weekly Patrick talks about it(his friend's mom is pregnant...not me)

Patrick: "Moooommm, why does it take so long to grow a baby!  I just want one now!"
Patrick: "Mom, can you just go to the doctor so he can put a baby in your tummy?!"

I'm not pregnant but the boys have been pretty adamant that I need to be.  One day they both decided to carry around monkey babies because they want a baby so badly.

They treat a lot of their stuffed animals like babies(just not always to the point of wrapping them up)

The other day after going potty...
Aiden: sighs and says "I just wuv myself."

Aiden: "Mmm!  That's yummy in my tum, tum, tummy!"

Patrick: "Mom!  I don't ever want to get married.  I just want to stay here with you so I can watch my favorite cartoons in the morning!"

Another moment that made me smile
Patrick:"Mom, if I get married, I want to marry you mommy.  I just love you."

I was helping Patrick get dressed on day for pre-school and I picked out a nicer button up shirt that he doesn't normally pick.  He slapped his hand over his forehead and said,
"Eh, mom you're killing me!"
Me: "Why am I killing you?"
Patrick: "Because I just look too good in that shirt.  Everyone's gonna want me!"

The other day while Aiden was taking a bath...
Aiden: "Mommy, sometimes you a good mommy.  But sometimes you a bad mommy.  Right now you a good mommy!"
Obviously I am not perfect in my parenting skills and he's picked up on my bad days

Things that are just cute to hear in Aiden's little chipmunk voice:
"I wuv you, too!"
"I pwomise, mommy, I pwomise." or "I pwomise, mommy.  I pwomise I won't get out of bed."
"Wade a minute, wade a minute!" or "Oh! Wait guys!  Wade a minute!"

Patrick got home from pre-school today and our conversation went like this:
Me: "Patrick, I just love you.  I missed you while you were at pre-school."
Patrick: sighs, "I knoooow, mom"
My kids like to sigh a lot, sometimes when they're content and sometimes when they're annoyed

When the boys are playing together, I love hearing conversations like this:
Aiden: "I wuv you, Tatrick."
Patrick: "I love you, too."
Aiden: "You my best fwend, Tatrick."
Patrick: "You're my friend, too, Aiden!  And mommy and daddy and....(everyone else he decides to add to the sentence)

Whenever Patrick goes to pre-school I always walk him in.  The other day Patrick told me he could go in by himself.  I must have looked sad(which I was because he was acting so grown up) because he looked at me for a minute and said, "I want you to come in, mommy.  I like it when you come in with me."  He's definitely my child that's sensitive to other people's emotions.

And lastly, Patrick bore his testimony for the first time in sacrament meeting.
Me: "Patrick, do you want to bear your testimony up there?"
Patrick:"No, thanks."
Continues coloring and 2 minutes later
Patrick: "Ok, I'm done mom.  Let's go!"
Me: "Really?  You want to go up there and bare your testimony?
Patrick:"Yeah.  Let's go!"
Me:" Do you want your dad to help?"(I didn't think he would actually go up or I might not have asked the question :))
Patrick: "No, you help mom.  Let's go!"
So we did but once we got up there he was a little shy and got the words, "testimony, family, gospel, Jesus, and Amen" out.  But man, I was so stinkin' proud of him that day.  He's definitely teaching me something everyday, for sure.  As we were walking down the stairs from the podium he turned to me and said, "You silly little turkey!"  Whenever he's embarrassed, he kind of resorts to that phrase...not sure where he got it but it was funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment