Thursday, April 9, 2015

Aiden turns 2!

On March 14, Aiden turned 2!  My baby is 2.  Lately, he's been obsessed with Mickey Mouse so I naturally did a Mickey Mouse themed birthday party.


Fondant is no joke.


 Unfortunately, Aiden has decided he doesn't have to smile everytime I tell him to.
 We told him he had to wait until the party to open presents, and wait he did.


It ended up being a small party between my mom, Karolyn and Jon's parents but it also was really nice to be so low key.  Aiden had a great time playing with all of his new toys.

At the age of 2, Aiden is:
-Counting to 11(after that he starts over around 2)
-Talking in little sentences like, "I don't like that(a favorite at meal time)", or "cuddle me mom!(love hearing that)", "I love you", etc.  It's hard to think of individual sentences because really he's just good at communicating what he wants.  He doesn't only have a couple of phrases he says and everyday, it seems, he's expanding his sentences.  
-Loves Mickey Mouse and Jake the Pirate or anything that Patrick has
-Has started trying to dress and undress himself
-Loves to sing
-Loves, loves, loves books
-Loves puzzles
-Loves being outside
-Knows most of his colors pretty well.  Not sure where he learned them from(most likely his brother) but one day he started saying things like, "I want the blue one!" It kind of shocked me.
-Loves learning about the letters, although I can't say he can name any on his own yet.
-My little cuddle buddy

I love this little man.  And love doesn't even fully describe how we feel about him.    I know that Aiden needs us but honestly, I think I need Aiden more. I really can't even explain what it is about him(besides the fact that he's sweet and adorable), but something about him just brings a peace to our family and,as cheezy as it sounds, he calms my soul.  

I would be lost without this little angel in our lives.  We love you, Aiden.

No comments:

Post a Comment